___ Ensure staff have a device that meets at least the minimum requirements according to MSB Recommendations and Requirements
___ Ensure staff have sufficient internet connection
___ Ensure staff have permissions to disable Popup Blockers and Clear Browsing History on school computers
___ Approve MSB email domains and websites to ensure access
- Approve “@msbconnect.com” on district email filtering system
- Approve "firstname.lastname@example.org" on district email filtering system
- Approve "hhsc.state.tx.us" on district email filtering system
- Approve @smartsheet.com on district email filtering system
- Approve email@example.com on district email filtering system
- Approve www.msbconnect.com on district network
- Approve https://solutions.msbconnect.com on district network
- Approve ip addresses Servers: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199; Standard Ports: 80 (HTTP), 443 (HTTPS) FTPS: ftps.msbconnect.com -Port 990
- Approve domain listed below to allow access to our support center https://msbsconnect.zendesk.com/hc
- Approve domain listed below to allow access to our chat support https://solutions.msbconnect.com/CaseNPoynt.dev/ChatContainer.aspx?windowheight=460&windowwidth=360
- Approve Vimeo channel (Video Tutorials)– www.vimeo.com
In environments where students and faculty share the same internet connection, care should be taken to determine the total number of potential users accessing the system. Faculty and students will often be accessing the internet connection at the same time, increasing the load substantially at certain times of the day.
MSB™ recommends having a minimum of 56Kbps of bandwidth per concurrent user accessing X logs. A district utilizing a single T1 line at 1.5 Mbps could support roughly 27 concurrent users and still maintain a full 56kbps of bandwidth per user. Using a standard 10:1 user ratio, this district could support roughly 270 potential users on this single T1. Using a 6:1 ratio would yield roughly 160 potential users.
In order for an MSB representative to complete a successful training, connection to a wireless network must be available.